Saturday, March 18, 2006

Spill

On Friday night, I was at the Dal SUB to meet my friend, Marianna. I had just gotten my dinner which consisted of a chocolate chip muffin and a hot chocolate from Tims. I had to wait a really long time in line for my food and all I wanted was to sit and relax on the second floor by the window. I was wearing my festively green t-shirt-I enjoy Saint Patrick's day even though I am not a bit Irish-and my nice clean tan pants. As I went from standing to sitting, I spilled my hot chocolate all over my pants! I checked over my shoulders to see if anyone saw me, no one did. I had just sat down and I did not want to move, so I just spread out the Dal newspaper over my lap and pretended that the spill didn't happen while I ate my food and finished my drink. I finally went to the bathroom to try to get the stain out, and I was left with a couple huge water marks on my pants. This woman came into the deserted bathroom and looked at me and I thought of making a lame remark like, "Yeah, I can't remember the last time I spilled something on myself...when was the last time you did?" and she said "Would you like a hair blow dryer?" I just smiled and said "Yes!". So she took me to her office and pulled a hairdryer out from under her desk and I used it to dry my pants. I was all dry in a minute or so and I was very thankful-despite the fact that she was just leaving her office so I had to dry my pants in a corner on the second floor and I needed to leave the hairdryer for her at the front desk when I was done (both aspects of that were a little weird).

The majority of my weekend was made up of intense, but fun and super productive planning for the next year with Campus Crusade for Christ. We took some time to pray, reviewed last year and planned this year and went over goals and everything. We got through so much during Friday night and Saturday afternoon. I have never spent so much time at once planning but it was really cool. I can't wait for next school year ;). Yes, I know some people are still getting through this one, but I have a hard time putting myself if their shoes cause they just don't fit my feet. My feet are much too small. Yeah, I wish. Ok, I love my feet.

In closing, I saw Failure to Launch with my mom recently. I decided that I like How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days better. If you see the movie, you'll know why the issue arose. I'm already looking forward to Sarah's 20th birthday next weekend...I am going to find some time to leave the party and take a nap in the spare room-you haven't experienced comfort until you've slept snuggled into a bed that has 3 layers of down duvets!

No comments: