Thursday, May 04, 2006

Exam, check!

Ah, I passed! What a huge phew! I don't know why I was so worried. Well, I do. In my history of lifeguarding, I have done well every time, except this one inservice day we did for the pool a little while ago. I was rusty that day (hey, I needed to recertify ;) ). So I had to retrieve my confidance from a very dark and dingy hole, but after reviewing things, life is beautiful. I am confidant. I am a good lifeguard. I love the world and the world loves me.

The exam wasn't bad at all. I was the only one who did my rescues perfectly. Everyone else had comments from the examiners. I had an INSulin shock (I Need Sugar ;) ) and was 2nd guard on an angina turned heart attack. The situations were pretty sweet, actually. Then I had to be acting in a situation where my "boyfriend" and I got in a fight, and he punched me in the nose. That part was fun, I love turning into an actress for situations. For the other team's situations, one of the lifeguards who were really on duty was told by the examiners to pretend to have a seizure on the pool deck. That would have thrown me off for a second or two! It's done and I am happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, great job Jessie. How was the Sound of Music? Did Josh manage to survive through it? I suppose if the musical isn't 7b for 7b then it's no good for him ;)

Jess said...

Lol, Josh eventually said that Hood was his favourite after he made his "Well Jessie, your class will never be able to beat the 7 Brides for 7 Brothers!" statement. However, he may have just been saying that because I was pestering him about it ;).