Well! I gave the ol' suit a test in the foggy rain today. It really works. I could have swam and swam. This test was quite scientific because I went in the water without it and it was colder than with it on (that whole hypothesis and experimental process took me a long time to think up, jk :P ). I'd say it's warming power is roughly 90% the design and 10% psychological. Josh tried it, too. He was trying it on, and then I yelled from outside his door asking if he needed help zipping it up. He was like, "Jessie, WHY would I need help with the zipper! It's in the front!" The zipper is supposed to go in the back. I just shook my head at him. Actually that's not true, I made fun of him. I was reminded yet again how curvy women are, because he had lots of air room between his stick legs and the wetsuit. Nonetheless, it kept him warm too. I think that all those who get chilly swimming should invest in one. And you wouldn't have to look silly wearing it. I've thought of a remedy for that. Just spray paint it your skin colour and then paint on a bathing suit on top of that. Perfect ;).
If anyone is curious on how to care for a wetsuit, I totally googled it.
1. Rinse it out after each use with warm fresh water and wetsuit shampoo or a mild solution of baking soda and water.
2. Hang it inside out.
3. Inspect for tears or broken zipper teeth.
4. Apply beeswax or candle wax to keep the zippers zipping.
http://scuba.about.com/od/scubaequipmentgear/a/wetsuitcare.htm
Long live my wetsuit.
In all seriousness, I can promise that I will not be buying any wetsuit shampoo or taking any form of wax to my zippers. I don't care that much.
2 comments:
Wetsuits rock!! I wore mine today in the pouring rain, and it definitely did help.
Aren't they wonderful? I always knew we were kindred spirits ;).
Jess
Post a Comment