I've survived my first week as a beach captain. I think that the power may be getting to me, because I really like it ;). Another thing I love is the ring tone on our beach phone. It's kinda tropical. I always let it ring for awhile just so I can enjoy it. The only comfort I have after the moments in which I have said ditzy things to my supervisors this year is the fact that they probably forget what I say rather quickly because they have so many beaches to take care of.
A couple memorable quotes from the first week:
"Lifeguard, are there leeches in this lake? How about fish? Eels?? Is this an Indian burial ground??"- an 8ish year old boy
"Lifeguard, is this water safe to swim in? Can you write a note to my mom and tell her that it is? No really, I'm serious. She never believes anything I say." - the 8 year old's friend
"Dad! I'm bringing something home to give to mom!" a 6 year old yells holding a bucket with a fish in it, "I'm not telling you what it is!"
The regular kids at the beach are so great! They always help us bring our supplies down to the beach and they set up the beach for me. It's an excellent arrangement, really :). My mom told me my tan looks orange today...just call me a walking, talking pumpkin. Maybe I like being orange. So yes things are fairly positive at work. However, I am actually getting a little tired of working full-time. Perhaps a vacation is in order ;). Even though I am at a beach everyday, I want to get out to a real beach sometime soon. Salt water does good things to curly hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment