Sunday, October 29, 2006

Mirror Phenomena

1. When most women are getting ready (especially putting on make-up) in the morning, or during a rest room stop through the day, they go super close to the mirror. It's especially fun to watch when you are washing your hands in a public washroom. I find myself getting so close to the mirror that I could kiss it. This seems to indicate that I think not only that someone will get that close to me during the day, but the minute details of my face will be noticed during that encounter.

2. When some women look into the mirror, they automatically make their mirror face. This face is different than their normal, relaxed face. I tend to scrunch up my eyebrows and slightly pucker up my lips. I don't know why. Perhaps, I subconsciously think that's attractive. I hear it isn't ;).

Even though I recognize these two things about myself, I will most certainly continue to do them, because I just can't help it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have personally observed, and subsequently mocked, the mirror face you so fondly speak of. I apoligize for my insensitivity. But I honestly don't think I have a mirror face. We'll have to watch for it.

amarea said...

hahaha That is so true, Jessie! That totally is your mirror face!!! I dunno if I have one either... I think I usually look angry in the mirror, and then when I realize it, I try to fix it by smiling, which usually turns out to be fake, which makes me look even funnier, which makes me frustrated, which makes me leave before I get around to the makeup.

Jess said...

It's ok, Morgan...no hard feelings :P.

I am going to pay attention to you girls in the mirror from now on. Mirrors are tricky things.

Anonymous said...

You know those Reitmans commercials? I get like that in front of mirrors...especially if there's music involved :)

Anonymous said...

Somehow, I completely and totally believe you.