Sunday, November 05, 2006

Blast from the Past

The other day, I was in the mood to atmospherize before my quiet time with God. I found a tape that has instrumental hymns on it and lit a candle. As I was reading and reflecting, something happened to the tape. The music cut out and there was static. My own voice came singing through the speakers. As it turns out, in junior high, I taped over almost all of side B with little 20 second clips of me singing random songs. I just sat there listening to song after song, not knowing which one would come next. There were a lot of old school Christian songs-Out of Eden, Sonic Flood, Marymary. After 6 or 7 of those kind of songs, I heard this: "Oops, I did it again. I played with your heart, got lost in the game. Oh baby, baby. Oops, you think I'm in love, that I'm sent from above...I'm not that innocent."

*Sigh. My dear, dear 14 year old Jessie :).


http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Oops-I-Did-It-Again-lyrics-Britney-Spears/70CDFF7B009BFB1C482568FE002E9699

2 comments:

deb said...

ha ha haa! that's so great!

amarea said...

HAHAHA!! Oh Jessie... That's soo awesome!