I mailed some letters today. I walked by two mailboxes before I put them in one.
The first mailbox was faded, the stickers were peeling off, and it was covered in grafitti. The next one was a little tipped over. Neither of them were trustworthy, so I kept walking until I found a reputable mailbox. Even when I found "the one", it was kind of hard to just leave the letters and know 1. that nothing would happen to them before the mailperson picked them up 2. that he or she would, in fact, pick them up and 3. that they will make it to the right house in 2-3 business days. It all comes down to having faith in the system, I suppose.
I believe in the Canada Post.
4 comments:
I totally understand what you are talking about. I always think judge the mailbox by its cover. At the same time, I wonder what is in the mailbox just as I put my letters in. Did someone pour coffee in it? Did someone mistaken it for a garbage? Will my friends get letters with stuff all over it?
But I agree... Canada Post rarely lets me down.
I don't trust Canada Post as far as I can throw it. In first year, they sent my theatre books too late.
Best of luck to your letters Jessie. They'll need it.
Oh man, Josh! I never thought about that. I think I'm going to mail letters from my little community's post office from now on... :)
Hey I totally understand all your worries kids ... I have been there. My dad is a postman and because I love him very much, I'll tell you that the postmen are very generally reliable and maybe that will be a refelction of Canada post.
Post a Comment