Sunday, November 19, 2006

Fire

Josh and I were in the family room listening to songs on the computer. I heard this crackling sound outside. I asked Josh what it was, and he said it was raining. A couple hours later, the crackling got louder and I didn't see any rain out the window. I peered out the window (turning my head to the far right).

I saw a really really big
bonfire in my back yard.

My landlord, Mr. Louis, was burning massive amounts of kindling and wood. Josh and I went outside to look at it. This fire was twice as tall as me, really big around, and the sparks were going as high as the tips of the trees! It was the biggest fire I have ever seen in my life! You couldn't stand more than 4 or 5 metres away from it because it was just too hot. It was also in my backyard, which is quite woodsy and surrounded by a lot of trees. A lot of trees right next to a gigantic fire. I don't even think I possess the ability to make a fire this big. Mr Louis is a really good fire-maker. If my mom were home, she would have freaked out at him. Perhaps this whole thing wasn't legal.

Josh and I were in awe so we pulled up some lawn chairs and just watched it for awhile.




Notable quotes:
Josh- You could sleep out here by this fire, and be really warm all nite! You could sleep out here naked and there's like No WAY you'd ever get cold!

Josh- Jessie!!! The fire just changed colours!
Jessie- What?
Josh- It went from
yellow...to ORANGE
.

No comments: