Thursday, November 09, 2006

Scared

Would I be considered too jumpy if my mom silently comes in to the computer room in the middle of the night (1:30 am) when I am writing a paper about voodoo, stands right behind me, says my name and I scream? My heart hurts. I don't think my blood pressure will ever return to normal.

In case you are wondering what pressing thing she had to tell me...she said, "Jessie, that's too much coffee mix to put in your cup." I left a cup with coffee mix in it on the counter because I didn't feel like waiting for the water to boil. I was generous with the amount of coffee I put in the mug.

I want to cry.

2 comments:

Ms.Green said...

Funny! Here's a computer room story for you.

I have a bird feeder that suction-cups to the window in my office. One night I'm working late at the laptop and I keep feeling someone looking at me. I look around, but no one is there. I continue to tap tap on the keyboard, and sense that someone is still looking at me. A quick glance behind me - nothing there. Then as I turn back toward my computer, there, outside my window, staring in at me from the birdfeeder is the biggest rat I've ever seen!

Needless to say, there were more than a few typos on my keyboard at that particular moment!!

You've got a nice place here.

Anonymous said...

hey Jessie, il semble que cette femme a votre blog comme "une marque de livre" - c'est comme quand tu vois une liste sur les blogs des certains qui dit: les blogs que je lit regulierement :) - napoleon