I'd like to share a couple excerpts from my gift. Morgan made me A How To Book for the Modern Girlfriend. All the topics are based off the real-life adventures of Morgan and I. Two modern girlfriends can like the same guy if they follow the basic pattern outlined in "How to Crush on the Same Guy at One Time"*:
- Ask friend if she would mind if you dated guy
- After a satisfactory answer, tell friend that he already asked you out [and you said yes]...
- Through means of a note...
- In art class
- Enough said
* absolutely essential in junior high- once this phenomenon is known, cease all discussion on the topic due to the inevitable fact that cat fights will ensue should the phenomenon be discussed
This entry called "How to Go to Church" shows how a modern girlfriend attends a church service:
- Proceed as normal
- Fart the worst fart of your life
- Blame it on your friend
- Hope the rest of the congregation (in its entirety) blames it on said friend
Christmas Eve
On Christmas Eve, we usually go to another local church instead of our regular church, because they have a really nice Christmas Eve service. They have two services, one early kids one (with dramas and story time) and then a later, reflective service. We went to the late one. The organ music through out the service was nice, but very somber and almost sad. I didn't know like any of the songs. I think I was just hoping to be part of a not-so-ceremonial celebration of Christ's birth. The Christmas story is exciting and wonderful. This makes me wonder if people who don't go to church regularly, but periodically attend a really traditional church, think that God is impersonal. Maybe most of this is just my own preference. I saw one of my early childhood friends there. We were two peas in a pod from grade primary until grade 1 or 2 and we lifeguarded together at the pool. Her brother was one of the first boys I had a crush on. I had crushes very young. I didn't say anything to him when I said hi to her last nite. I noticed that she still had a tag on her jacket, so I told her about it after the service. She said, "sh**!" and yanked the tag off. That was the first time I ever heard someone curse in church. I have to admit, I thought it was pretty funny.
Christmas Day
My family slept in until 10:30am, much to the chagrin of my brother. Most of my gifts were practical things that I needed and picked out myself. When it comes to clothes, I think that's the only way to do it, because it's so hard to tell if things will fit a person right or if they will like them. My favourite things were my brown purse and my pink pjs. Tonite, we are planning on playing some games and watching some movies. I like spending time with my family over the holidays. Oh, and on non-holidays :).
C4C Winter Conference
All my support $$ came in last night! I can finally be excited to go. I'm really excited! And so thankful. In the last couple years, I've been having to trust God for things like money, and it's hard to do. He always works things out for us. Whenever I find myself doubting that God will provide for me or my family, it's usually because I don't want to hope for something and then be disappointed. I have been worrying about things way too much. I'm going to stop worrying. That will be my New Year's resolution.
"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7
Notable Christmas Eve Quote:
"So I guess that was the emo service..." - Josh
1 comment:
I would just like to point out that the entry entitled "How to Go to Church" is in reference to how JESSIE goes to church. Not me. I only participate in the "proceed as normal" part. Just though you should know. And I KNOW Jessie would want you to know. ;)
Post a Comment