Sunday, February 18, 2007

I am Canadian

Skating on a frozen lake is beautiful! This afternoon was perfect for it, because the sun was shining, so the ice sparkled. As I was skating along, a train went by. The driver whistled at me and I waved to him. Then I tried to race the train, but I lost. I'm a pretty amazing skater so I don't know how that one happened ;).

One of the moments that I truly felt Canadian happened a couple years ago. That was when I played a spontaneous game of hockey on a little frozen pond with a bunch of people, most of them I didn't know. It was a great group cause there were people of all ages playing together. We played for a long time, until it got dark. I think that every Canadian needs to play hockey on a lake. It's important.

No comments: