I've been volunteering one afternoon a week at HCA for the last little while. I'll be teaching my first part of a lesson next week on the biography of Lewis Carroll. So far, I've been sitting in on some classes and writing down my observations. It's been cool to see the different teaching styles and to get to know the teachers a little more. I'm hoping to do some tutoring at lunches and help out with marking too. I drive home with my mom and the two kids that my family carpools with. One of them is Alex and he is in grade 5. He is very innocent and honest. This is Alex on his first crush.
Notable Quote:
Jessie: So, we need to find you a new girl!
Alex: No. Playing is more my style, now.
Jessie: Ah, I see. You like to play the field.
Alex: Yeah... (pause) and in the dirt.
I had to explain what it meant to "play the field" after everyone else in the car burst out laughing.
Latest Purchase: A pretty pink bathing suit that better hold up really well in the chlorine because I paid enough for it to last until the end of time.
Favourite Song of the Moment: Umbrella-Rhianna
2 comments:
umbrella? no way. that song comes up every single time I hear the radio (daily) and it gets stuck in my head for the rest of the day... so much so that I inadvertently started singing it out loud and annoy everyone around me (especially my brother). who came up with the lyrics? ... they bother me. the whole "ella, ella" part drives me crazy!
but it's fine that you like the song.
Haha, I'm actually getting a little sick of it now :).
Post a Comment