Saturday, May 19, 2007

When I'm Up, I Can't Get Down?

Bad thing #1 in my day
8am: My period starting means it brings its friends, Cramps and Grogginess, along for the ride.

Good things in my day
8:30am-2pm: Low attendance in swimming lessons means relaxing classes.
No attendance for a private lesson means being paid to go for a swim.
3pm: Buying lunch means a chicken sandwich that tastes like it came right off the grill and is ready in under 5 minutes. Dairy Queen, you impress me. Am I a bad person if I really want to see a Blizzard fall out of its cup when the server turns it upside down before handing it to the customer?
3:30pm-5:30pm: Staying late after my shift means getting paid to organize a storage closet. I like to organize things. I really do. Objects, people, anything.
Organizing a storage closet means peeking in the boxes marked "old staff pictures" and "employee files".
8:30pm-10:30pm: Stopping by Kelley's going away party means meeting new people, hanging out with old friends, and yummy food.

Bad thing #2 my day:
11:30pm: Going to a party right from work means coming home from the party, opening up my backpack, realizing that I left every single personal care/hair care product I own at the pool, forgetting where in the pool I left them, worrying that my stuff won't be there tomorrow, wondering what in the world I am going to use to make myself presentable tomorrow, imagining how much money all of that stuff cost. Despairing.

My day started badly and ended badly. This day has been a typical example of how my emotions go up and down in the span of a single day. I once charted how I felt over a few days with a roughly sketched graph because I thought it would be fun to see. I wish I could scan it and post it because it is all over the place.

5 comments:

amarea said...

I totally hear you on the emotional rollercoasters!! I've been on an exceptionaly bad one myself for the past several weeks! Periods suck... I'm on mine too. :(

Jess said...

Ah, to be female :). Hey! Megha is also on her period. We've been having a subconscious period party this whole time!

Megha said...

I bet you mine will outlast all of yours

Jess said...

Yeah, Megha's period lasts longer than the life expectancy of most houseflies...

Megha said...

that would be funny if it was an exaggeration....

It started last tuesday, it stopped today. 8 full days.