Monday, June 04, 2007

Oh Baby, It's Raining!

Halifax, May 30, 2007 - The American Basketball Association (ABA) is headed to Halifax! The Halifax Rainmen's inaugural 2007 / 2008 season will be played at the Metro Centre. The Rainmen are one of the newest additions to the ABA league, which has sixty teams playing in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The Halifax Rainmen will provide high-energy excitement and will bring together an unmatched collection of basketball talent on one court. The freewheeling, fast-pace style of the game will showcase the players' athleticism in an atmosphere that is charged by the latest entertainment experience.

"I'm looking to build a winning team that will bring fun and excitement to the Halifax fans," said Andre Levingston, President of the Rainmen. "I believe Halifax will passionately welcome the fast-paced, gripping brand of basketball that is exciting and affordable entertainment. One of the reasons we want to bring the team to Halifax is they have the most passionate fans in Canada and they love the sport of basketball."

Jessie here. I am so excited that we'll have a professional basketball team! I grew up on basketball. When I was in elementary and junior high I played on a community team and all through high school I was the captain of the girls team at school. Love it. Gotta go to some of these games! In case you were wondering, the try outs to become a weather girl (one of their cheerleaders) have passed already.

That's ok, because I want to be a rain man!

http://www.rainmenbasketball.com/news.shtml

2 comments:

amarea said...

A weather girl!? HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Jess said...

I wish I made that up, but it's true! They are definitely called weather girls :)!