Here's a little note of warning. This post will not be upbeat. Yesterday (and today), I looked out at the lake that I will be working at this summer and there were helicopters circling it and men in boats looking for the bodies of two teenage boys. Two boys went missing on Monday afternoon and they were going to the lake. One of them can't swim. It's Wednesday and they are still looking for them. It's shaken me up because I don't know the people, but I know the area. I've been working there for two years and I'm at the pool (right next to the lake) doing maintenance all week, so the searching is going on right next to me.
I've been thinking a few things about this. The first is I just really hope that the kids are alive. I also hope that they find the bodies either way because they have been searching for a long time. The thought that I've been thinking of most is how I'm glad that it didn't happen while I was working there. I know that if I am there, no one will drown in the swimming area. I'm not worried about that. I just don't want anything to happen in other parts of the lake that I'm not responsible for or can't even see from the beach. It's all the same lake.
No comments:
Post a Comment