Monday, August 20, 2007

I Just Called to Say I Love You...

My mom and I share a cell phone plan. She pays for it and I hope that she doesn't notice when I go over on my minutes or send a couple extra text messages. It's a pretty sweet deal. After a moment of reflection on July, I realized that I sent a lot of text messages since I've been at the beach. She got the bill today.

She called the cell phone support line and asked them to explain them to her why our bill was so much this month. Some of it was her fault. She went over on her minutes and made a long distance call. However, some of it was my fault. Here's what her conversation sounded like.

-Can you explain all of these charges to me?
-What!?! That much for one long distance call??
-You know sir, I tried to set up some long distance and they told me...
-(turning to me) Jessie!! WHAT is a text message??
-How many?
-128?!?!?
-And how much does it cost per text letter? I mean, text message.
-15 cents per message. Mmmmhmmm.

I told her I'd pay for all my extra text message charges. Mom continued to talk to the guy about the different plans that they have. She found a new plan that would save us some money. I stood by her during the entire conversation. She looked at me, smirked.

-Yes. That's a good idea!

She disabled my text messaging.

For a total of 45 seconds.

She called them back and I now have unlimited text messages starting at the end of August. She cracked pretty quickly and I felt like I was 13 again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gold. Plain and simple.

amarea said...

HAHAHAHA! That made me laugh!!!