Thursday, September 20, 2007

Cruel Summer

Nobody on the road. Nobody on the beach.
I feel it in the air. The summers out of reach.
Empty lake. Empty streets.
The sun goes down alone.
-Don Henley

My body is in September. The rest of me is stuck in summer mode. I can't shake it. The seasons are messing with my mind. School is foreign to me. I listen to strangers talk at me for hours. I write down every single thing they say so I can try to remember it all. Indoors. Can't sit still. It's unnatural. How did I do it every year before this? I'm seriously starting to become concerned....

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/d/don+henley/the+boys+of+summer_20042039.html

12 comments:

Morgan said...

Let's elope and leave school behind. Pack your flip flops. Where we're going, you won't need real shoes.

Jess said...

That sounds wonderful!

Jess said...

Can we elope and skip the getting married part ;)?

Morgan said...

Sure, why not? Isn't eloping all about doing what you want? we'll go swimming instead.

amarea said...

Can it be a three-way elope?? If I have to sit through another "I'm so awesome" lecture by my ecology prof, I'm going to SCREAM! AHHHH!!! Like that.

Jess said...

Consider it a 3 way elopement.

Anonymous said...

bring leia. we might need a guard dog. you never know.

Jess said...

Shiloh could be a guard dog too...

Morgan said...

I said guard DOG, not guard RAT... :P

amarea said...

haha Yeah! My dog beats rat status!!

Morgan said...

Well I hadn't gotten to YOUR dog yet...

Jess said...

haha!