Sunday, October 28, 2007

@ Work

I had to get in the water tonite because an instructor quit. I usually lifeguard on Sunday nites. Out of the water. Dry. One child that I taught this evening redeemed this situation. A cute, little British boy. He calls the flutterboards "floats". So darling. He's officially on the list of my favourite children. Right under Angus Wong.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

does this mean you're finally ready to have a baby of your very own? I've been waiting for this day.

Jess said...

No :). The real question is: how could I give birth to a child that has a cute British accent?

Anonymous said...

drink british tea and start saying things like "cheerio!"

Anonymous said...

come on, guys. It's simple. To have a baby with a cute British accent, you have to make sure a cute British man is his father. Good Ghandi, people. It's all about genetics....

Jess said...

Yeah, but genes don't give you the accent. It's the environment you are raised in. So if I'm teaching the kid to speak and the dad is, the kid might not pick up a full English accent. Especially if we are living in Canada.

Morgan said...

nature versus nurture...who really knows. maybe we've all just been brainwashed by our various degree granting institutions. it could happen.

amarea said...

Meet cute British father. Move to Britain. Great Scott I'm brilliant, mate! Brilliant!

Jess said...

But, I don't want to move to Britain.

Anonymous said...

I was just joking about getting the accent through genetics...though because kids learn to talk from their parents, he would have a somewhat british accent if he had a dad with one.

Jess said...

Sure you were.

Morgan said...

Like that little Alex kid from HCA!! He was so cute. An annoying sort of cute.
Just name your son Alex. He'll definitely have a British accent.

Morgan said...

Who's Angus?

Jess said...

Didn't that kid have a speech impediment that we thought was an accent :)? I so remember that.

Angus Wong is the name of Deb and Josh's first born baby.

Morgan said...

Oh wait. I actually do remember something about a speech impediment...
New plan. Ditch Alex, go with PierceBrosnan as the first name. All one word. That was, he will be destined to have a British accent AND be popular with the ladies. I'm a thinker.

Anonymous said...

clearly there is only one solution. and I, as usual, have it.

Jessie, you must perfect your British accent. and after getting a sperm donation, all else will fall into place.

you can all applaud me now.

Morgan said...

*crickets*

Anonymous said...

devil child.

Jess said...

I don't think I want a British child anymore. If I had one of my own, it would ruin the novelty of it all.

Anonymous said...

Boarding school. In Britain. Keeps the accent up. Live with you and hot British husband 12 - 14 weeks of the year. Or just you if father is a sperm donor. Might want to consider sending a birthday card.

Anonymous said...

so she should use the sperm donation to have a baby, then send the baby back to the British sperm donor from whence it came?

If the donor actually wanted the baby, he wouldn't have donated the sperm.

I think Jessie needs to look little deeper - into genetics. you need to genetically modify your baby so it has a speech impediment.

amarea said...

Yeah! Your baby can be a GMO!

Anonymous said...

Name the baby GMO. Then, it will be weird AND have an accent. What more could you ask for?

Jess said...

Or GMC or GTG.

Anonymous said...

i don't get it