I was never a kid who really had any major role models that I wanted to be like. Well, that's not true. I had Hailey, my babysitter. She introduced me to Muchmusic and Days of Our Lives. She was so cool. She'd tell me all about the boys she was dating. Oh, and I really liked Harriet the Spy. I would write funny things down in a notebook...until my childhood friend found out that I wrote mean things about her in it.
As I've gotten older, I have a couple people I really admire.
1. Deb Wong
Deb is amazing. She is an excellent listener, she always has great advice and has never been preachy or judgemental-while pointing me to what God would desire in my life. Her trust in God's faithfulness during the recent months blows my mind. I don't even understand it, but I thank God for it.
2. Mrs. Symmonds-White
She pretty much has what I want in life. A job in a nice high school. Teaching Biology. She's pretty and fun and her students like her. A husband. A kid. Yup.
3. the man at the pool
He is my hero. He had a stroke awhile back and is limp on one side of his body. He comes in to the pool a couple mornings a week. By himself. Wheels out on a motorized scooter. Pulls himself down the stairs really slowly. He won't accept help from anyone down the stairs. I tried. Then he swims side stroke, good side up, for around an hour. He is incredible.
Favourite songs right now: Sweetest Girl - Akon & Co. :), Inevitable - Anberlin
2 comments:
I just noticed this post. wow. I'm totally floored to be admired by you. thanks. that was a really sweet paragraph. *tucked in my heart*
You're welcome. I mean every word.
Post a Comment