Saturday, September 24, 2011

email from Thomas' mom...

"WOW did you impress the Acadia Divinity Collage faculty and staff when you took Thomas up on 'sunday'. The staff couldn't believe the ease, confidence, the natural flow between you and Thomas, the graciousness, comfort and on she went so much so that they would like you to very much to consider entering their Masters program where you can become a counselor for addictions, poverty, disabilities, grief and much more. They felt that counseling and empathy/compassion without pity was natural for you. Tracy said there are students of all ages and faiths in the program including a Buddhist and others who have been completely unchurched. I said nothing of your faith as I felt it unnecessary with all your glowing attributes. I knew I was blessed when I saw your name on my e-mail on that desperate day. I see that you are all those things that the staff instantly noticed and I would suggest seriously thinking about b/coming a counselor or some thing along those lines. (Leave the high school kids to another teacher.) I think you have gifts that few have that will help you help others. Just a few things to think about."

Thoughts?

No comments: