my very special spot to talk about a bunch of things in my life that 1. are true 2. matter to me, and 3. aren't so personal that they shouldn't be on the internet
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Summer Dreams
I had a dream last night. In this dream it was summer. Well not really summer. It was a really weird heat wave (there was still snow on the ground) that I was fully enjoying by taking a walk outside in my summer clothes. When I woke up it was, yes, winter and I thought of how I just love summer. Of course we all love the warm weather and the relaxing things that you can do in the summer, but the it's the fun memories that really warm my heart when I think of summer-things like trying to make a buoy out of an ice cream container, seeing if you can pull someone in a tube from a canoe, watching a handyman fiddle with five different tools while he takes 20 minutes to unlock your car and retrieve your keys when all you want to do is hit the beach, or reading really poorly written love stories around a bonfire that you have made without any help from testosterone. Even though I've got some great winter memories, the summer ones truly outweigh them. Also, I work in a pool now and lifeguarding = beach had been the only thing my mind could let me compute-put me in a pool and stifle my soul (ok, so that's a little dramatic...but being outside is so lovely). So the temptation is to just wish away my winter days and long for summer...but instead I am going to remind myself to enjoy the winter months (and even my job) and my first act of embracing winter will be to go make a snowman, a snow dog, or something even more creative- a snowman AND a snow dog. Then after that, it will be time for some more great winter memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment