Thursday, March 16, 2006

Ducks

It is almost officially spring, and something that can attest to that, besides the calendar are the ducks in my lake. They're back from wherever they migrated and I saw them for the first time yesterday. After I saw them, I promptly told the rest of my family that the ducks were home :). However, I started to wonder...where did they go? South. Southern North America. When I googled it, http://www.ducks.ca/ said that ducks, geese, hawks, eagles, and other song birds migrate each year to the southern US, northern Mexico, around the Gulf of Mexico, other parts of the US or even some songbirds (like sparrows, blackbirds, warblers) might go to central and South America! Maybe everyone already knew that, but I never really thought about where these ducks have been-like the duck in my back yard has been to Mexico, but I haven't. Anyways, I think that is interesting. Or maybe since I am working, the lack of learning I'm experiencing makes everything I learn interesting, regardless of if it's truly interesting to the greater population ;).

Another thing that was interesting...maybe not interesting (I'll agree to that one) but kinda cool was lifeguarding on March Break yesterday. The experience was crazy. There was like a foot of water between one kid and another. Around 220 people were there in total. The cool part was that I was lifeguarding with the lifeguard that taught me my bronze medallion class over 4 years ago (the first of 3 courses you need to be a lifeguard). She's a paramedic now, but she was back to help with March Break. It was just nice that she was there and cool that I got to work with her.

As for today, I still have a bit of time off for March Break, so I think that I am going to convince Josh to have a movie marathon with me. Starting ASAP :). Oh yes, after I exercise or something.

No comments: