Monday, March 13, 2006

I've Got a Bike...

Today, it became clear that it was time to break out the bicycle. When I found it, the back tire needed a little air. Josh offered to go to the local gas station and put some air in it. When Josh came home, the back tire was totally flat and he admitted that he didn't know how to use the air pump. However, he managed to ride home on a flat tire, but "it was hard". I reminded him that he could have walked the bike home. So then the women of the family jumped in the car to put some air in the tire. It appears that our entire family is air pump challenged and the man behind the counter at the gas station actually told us he didn't know how to work it either. Wonderful. So we tried to do it ourselves, following the pictures on the side of the machine. Somehow, the little thing that sticks out of the wheel which you attach the pump to got pushed into the tire and we gave up on all that independent air pumping business. We decided to take the bike to the bike shop because we thought we broke the wheel. As we pulled out of the gas station, mom concluded that "the staff at the Irving are useless" (it was really amusing to hear her actually say that) and I promptly agreed. I cut my finger trying to put the bike in the trunk-it bled for awhile and we had no bandaids-or antiseptic. Finally the man at the bike place fixed the tire and put air in for free. Then we got home and I didn't want to ride the bike anymore. Just kidding. I rode all around and explored these neighbourhoods by nearby lakes. During this trip I decided that when I have a family of my own I belong in a neighbourhood whose name is "Such and Such" Estates. Estates are where it's at :).

Bike Report
Day: 2
Distance: 4.5 km
Breaks: 1 -but only to change the radio station
Weather: sunny and breezy (I love spring-but not as much as summer, so it's more like "I luv spring")
Overall experience:
Fairly good...fun, but my legs were sore after

I think that the run is going to be more of a light jog today or even a brisk walk...

No comments: