my very special spot to talk about a bunch of things in my life that 1. are true 2. matter to me, and 3. aren't so personal that they shouldn't be on the internet
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Misunderstanding
Pretend for a moment that you are a lifeguard (if you aren't one). If you are scanning a pool, and I think this makes the most sense, you look from right to left (or left to right) and slowly scan the pool-then repeat. I scan from right to left. People come in on the right side of the pool. If someone walks by me I look at them (on my right) and then continue to scan the pool towards the left. However, there can be a misunderstanding when a bystander at a certain angle watches you scan, because if another person comes into the pool and is walking towards your left, and you are continuing scanning the pool to the left, it looks like you are staring at that person walk by. I never thought about this, until the the coach of the adult swim team came up next to me with a big smile and said quite loudly "Jessie! Stop checking him out, he's married!". I, surprised by this, said, "I was not checking him out!!" Then I turned red. It took me a little while to think of why the coach thought that's what I was doing. I'll admit that I did think that the guy was cute when he walked by-his face was cute, however no one knew that but me. Then I scanned again and another swimmer strolled by at the same time and it all made sense. For the rest of the shift, I intentionally tried to time my scans so it didn't look like I was gawking at the swim team's Speedo butts every time one of them walked by me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
oh Jessie, we all know your weakness for married men. ***** being one. :P
jk, i think the swim coach was jealous that he didn't have your undivided attention for a moment. you really shouldn't play with boys' hearts like that. they are a very emotional group (boys are). play nice.
-megs
I know it's so true, I wish that guys weren't always like, "lets talk about our feeeelings..." ;) heh
I bet you didn't change your scan times... I bet you timed it perfectly so that you were ALWAYS looking at the swim team and their Speedos!!!
Amarea
p.s. Thans for changing your settings cos I always want to comment!! lol
no, no, no... :)
Ha. Ha Ha!
-Morgan
oh yeah, ugh, guys and their "feeeeelings". so sick of that. they just can't get over thier damage. they just want to talk talk talk. and they email you like crazy, but you know all about that, don't you jessie? ugh. total emotional trainwrecks, men are.
LOL, "their damage"-I truly laughed out loud reading that one!
just quoting a bit of Degrassi there :)
-megs
Post a Comment