Saturday, March 25, 2006

TGIF

My Friday night was chaotic at the pool. When I have kids, they are going to be wonderful and always well-behaved in public. Next it was off to Sarah's 20th birthday. I saw Carol, who I hadn't seen in 2 years, and sorta freaked out when I saw her. I think that I hugged her a little too tight that first time. A bunch of us chilled at Sarah's place-atmosphere: disco ball (well-lit :) ) and oldies tunes. We also had the chance to take a ton of newbies to Polly's Cove. Yeah, so I brought the people in the car I was in to the wrong spot. My rationale on the whole getting my car there was this: we just drive along the long and winding road till we come to the spot. So look for it on the left, right off the road. The real problem happened when there was more than one little gravel inlet that had a path off of it on said road. Anyways, after Sarah and her car full zoomed by us all standing around outside our car it really sunk in that we were in the wrong place. We arrived to our final destination with pizzazz because when we got back in the car, someone (this might have been me as well, but I really don't know who it was) stepped on Shaun's Axe body spray and the car began to smell really good until the scent got so strong that we could taste it. I think it actually shot up really close to Katie's face-not good, no one wants that in the eye. We had to pull over to air the car out. It was something like 3:86 (around 2am), according to the car clock, when we finally met up with everyone else. So we trekked through the bushes and over the little cliff and across the rocks and finally got to "the spot". The stars were beautiful and it really wasn't as cold as I was expecting. I had dressed for the weather with 3 layers of pants and a big winter coat. There were some really good shooting stars. There was one especially long one, like very long. I love being by the ocean-even more than the stars. The moon was orange. Overall, I think that everyone enjoyed it-even the complainers ;). May I just say, if you are reading this, and you haven't been there-you've gotta come next time! As we were driving home, it was just getting light out. It's nice driving in a car as the sun is just coming up, same with driving as the sun is setting. I was dead when I finally crashed at Sarah's place...but it was worth the tiredness. Happy Birthday Sarah Chan!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see pics!! Did anyone take any?

-megs

Jess said...

Not me.