Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Fete

Turning 20 has been a very positive experience. It's been great to spend some time with family and friends and have those times be about all me, haha jk...or am I ;)? Usually I don't feel older, but I do this year. However, I don't long for my teenage years cause I have enjoyed them and it's ok that they are over. Here are some birthday memories. Our oven is quite finiky, so the cake didn't turn out as planned...it was just a little harder than cakes usually are. I cut my finger trying to cut it and I bled on my cake. Oh yes, it was quite a sight. It's quite comical now that I look back on it though- more interesting and exciting than a regular birthday cake for sure ;). Dessert at the Shoe Shoppe was lovely, and it's so pretty in there. Morgan, Amarea, and I ran around the sand at Kearney Lake barefoot on our way home. Morgan has hot toes.

I love spending time with my girls.

Thanks for the awesome presents ladies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

but for the record, the blood did look like cherry sauce...there was just so much of it though...it was pooling on the "icing"

Jess said...

Thanks for the visual Megs ;).

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...there's a thought..maybe it was supposed to be a decor piece. you know, like in Sears where all the bowls are filled with those plastic bunches of grapes and apples. i guess we got it all wrong