It's really interesting to look back on friendships from elementary, junior high and high school and see how they've changed. I think it's really cool when you have a friendship where you have grown closer in areas of your lives that you weren't close in before. I love how each friend is different and how they make your life more interesting in their own ways. Sometimes you get a feeling that a friendship is going to change, even before it happens. Maybe that falls under "women's intuition" but I don't think so. Sometimes I wish that all the friendships that I once had over the years didn't grow apart, and that people didn't change. Then I think that I've changed too, and that I wouldn't want to go back in time and be close with some friends as me who I am now. Sometimes I wish that I was the person I was in high school and things with some people hadn't changed, but most times I don't. One thing that is a little weird is when you are in the middle of a friendship that is changing and growing apart. In certain cases like that, sometimes I find myself wanting it to be the way it used to be, or gone...then I feel bad for thinking that. Most times I just remind myself that though things are changing, the friendship is just different -not lost forever (and different is ok). One thing I find kinda funny about MSN is how you keep contacts that you don't talk to- when you haven't in like years. Somehow, you find yourself still reading their MSN names whenever they are on, even the little messages in italics. However, maybe that's just me. I love how when we were kids we could spend the whole day with someone and not even plan anything and you'd just play.
I think that's all of my compiled thoughts on friendship for one night. Next time: can guys and girls be friends. Haha, just kidding. I don't want to touch that one. I think they can. Sometimes. ;)
3 comments:
I enjoyed your sentiments on friendship, Jess! I find myself thinking the same thoughts quite a bit lately!
That was very deep and though provoking. I find that I do that a lot, looking at msn contacts that I once talked to all the time and haven't talked to for a year or more. So, do you know anyway to stop thinking about friendships that are dying or lost? Maybe it's a good thing that we can't forget about friendships otherwise we would forget about the great times and memmories. Anyway, thanks for those few momments of deep thinking :).
I don't really have a way not to think about friends you don't talk to anymore. In an ideal world, it would be nice to not be sad when you look at the friendship but only think of it positively beacause of all the good times you shared...but that's really not the way it is. Sometimes when things seem to drift, all it takes is a phone call or an email to draw you closer together, it just comes down to putting yourself out there.
Post a Comment