I have been forgetting things a lot lately. Most of these things are my own personal belongings, like my purse and my lessons binder. I also always forget them at work. I'm not the problem, it's the chlorine. Perhaps the prolonged exposure has done something to my memory cells.
One thing I wish I did forget is the fact that I should call the places that I dropped off my resume to. I left one at the child care centre and the gym at the Stadium. It's seems like so much work to call and follow up. I think that if they want me they'll hire me. Speaking of resumes...I think it would be hilarious if we all had to make marriage resumes. Mine would be something like this (I have to say, I am not just making this up on the spot-I made this as a joke awhile ago and I just found it on my computer):
Skills
-can tell the difference between navy blue and black
-makes a conscious attempt to smell clean at all times
-can sing children's lullabies and along to songs on the radio in tune
-will go to any function that includes dancing, ANY function
-will be able to help if your heart should stop at any time, or if you forget how to swim
-is only moody once a month (and when she's tired, and oh yes also when she's stressed...)
-likes all types of movies (in a "1:1 chick flick to other genre" ratio)
-is well read in "love and relationships" literature
-can tie a tie
-enjoys watching sports on television (only recognizes basketball as a sport)
-can cook a wide variety of dishes
-can keep a positive demeanour after being outdoors for an extended period of time
In other news, this weekend was nice. Girls nite was fun on Friday-lotsa conversation, fitting atmosphere, and an interesting mix of a fruit smoothie ;). Josh and I went to see Scary Movie 4 together on Saturday-more sibling bonding time, though I didn't actually like the movie very much. Sunday was our Easter celebration- an egg hunt, church service, and a turkey dinner by the fire. Thank you Jesus for the sacrifice you made to set me free.
3 comments:
Haha, thanks ;).
Jessie, it's not good to lie on resumes - people ALWAYS check your references, and then you get caught. I mean, really, "can cook a variety of dishes"? you mean variety of FROZEN dishes, right? :P
-megs
Someday, if you are nice, I'll make a variety of dishes from scratch just for you, Megs. I am really a wonder in the kitchen.
Post a Comment