Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Outside

I love the nice weather and how our days are sunny longer now! Spring and I are good friends.

However, I am not good friends with blue jeans. I have been looking for this certain pair from Bluenotes and they never have my size in. I should have bought it when I first tried them on. You know how everyone looks for the perfect pair of jeans? I found it. And now it's gone...I'm going to stalk all the Bluenotes stores in HRM. Someday they will be mine.

I've decided to walk my dog everyday. I never volunteer to be the one to walk her, but I've taken her for 2 walks in a row this week and it's been lovely. I actually enjoy it. Shiloh is a little on the pathetic side though. When we go down Ridge, there are a few big dogs that are usually tied up (the really tame ones aren't even tied...they just wander around their property) and most of them will bark and bark at her. She doesn't make a sound. She'll just look up at me and then start to walk faster. Someday I hope she gets sick of being barked at and just starts to holler at the other dogs...I wouldn't even tell her to stop :). Or maybe it could be like a cartoon and she would open her mouth and roar like a lion at one of the dogs and then an anvil would drop on the dog's head. Then the dog would walk out of a door on the anvil and be just fine.

After supper, Josh and I played outside. The best game we made up was rock baseball. One person stands on the dock holding a stick, and the other person throws rock lightly to them, and then the stick holder tries to hit the rock in the water. I won cause I hit a rock the farthest-into our neighbours lawn where it bounced off their swinging chair. We stopped the game shortly after that ;). Josh put his bare feet in the lake today, I wasn't as adventurous. One of my favourite things to do outside in the summer is play cards on the deck while the sun is setting. It was still too cold to break out the cards. We finished off our brother/sister bonding evening with watching Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. I thought it was ok, but he really liked it. I think it made him feel smart when he finally understood the plot. However, I was proud of myself when I started to understand it too :).

The rest of the spring hours are coming out this week...what will my next 3 months be like?

No comments: