This Saturday night has been wonderful! The year-end BBQ with CCC was great! The food was yummy and it was fun to catch up with people I hadn't talked to in awhile. One of the best parts was praying for the graduates and the girls going on missions. I'm so excited for those projects, especially for Rebekah-you're in my prayers, girl! Another occurance at the party was the game. Hum, the game. It was a Lego game, and my team lost badly. Like we didn't make a structure at all. I now know that my memory and explaining architecture do not go together-and they never will :). I can't wait for next school year with the group...have I said that already? The next part of the night was (me, Amarea, Morgan, Bek) surprising Sarah on our way home cause we were driving right by her place. You know that there is going to be girl bonding when the video fireplace turns on. That was a good 5 minute visit ;). We missed you, Megs. It's so nice to be with the girls, even just driving around together.
When Amarea dropped me off a little before midnight, the boys next door were getting home too. I have never met these 2 college guys that have been living next door to me for the last 2ish years. I've only seen one outside once and I got really shy all of a sudden. I know they are there though...cause I've met their dad and their dog. Introducing myself will be my summer goal. I went inside my house and my brother called up to my mom and she would not let me in my room for like 10 minutes. However, I saw a package of balloons on our rocking chair. When I was allowed to enter, my family gave me an early birthday present! It was a new bed spread and a pair of flip flops. These flips are so cool! They are pink with pink sequins. Definitely the most glam things I own. I feel like a diva when I wear them. The next time you talk about flip flops try calling them just "flips"...cool, eh? ;). My mom and I have the same taste in furniture (including bedding). I haven't had a surprise like that in a long time. My real birthday is only on April 21st. I still don't know how I want to celebrate the big 2-0...
The rest of my weekend has been made up of work. My new work schedule is almost all evenings (except for Sat. mornings) and lots of teaching. Ick. I might apply around for some daytime hours in other parts of the Stadium, like childcare or something. However, I'm planning on being positive and enjoying this last session...cause then Beaches start! Wahoo!
Well, even though I am awake and in a stellar mood...I think I'm going to head to bed now :). Nite!
2 comments:
So, what does the new bedspread look like anyways? Colour, etc. please!!
It is white, with bunches of gardenias (at first I thought they were sunflowers)and some blue rose almost stencilling in the background. It's hard to explain, but it's pretty :).
Post a Comment