Monday, May 01, 2006

Enter: May Flowers

This weekend has flown by. I spent way too much time at work teaching then doing my lifeguard pre-cert. for my upcoming re-certification. Every facility wants you to do things differently, so I will be going over everything that we went over until I know it inside and out. The exam is on Thursday night. Then house/Fudge sitting for Sarah came next. It was lovely having the place to myself, and I spent most of the evening with Bryan Adams going over my lifeguarding stuff. Most of the songs from the Best of Me album I had heard on the radio. I have to say, he either really understands women, or a female wrote his songs. For instance:

A selection from Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?
To really love a woman
To understand her - you gotta know her deep inside
Hear every thought - see every dream
N' give her wings - when she wants to fly...

When you love a woman you tell her that she's really wanted
When you love a woman you tell her that she's the one
Cuz she needs somebody to tell her that it's gonna last forever
So tell me have you ever really - really really ever loved a woman?...

Let her hold you - til ya know how she needs to be touched
You've gotta breathe her - really taste her
Til you can feel her in your blood
N' when you can see your unborn children in her eyes...
http://www.lyricsstyle.com/b/bryanadams/haveyoueverreallylovedawoman.html

Another quick summary of Inside Out

The biggest lie you ever told - your deepest fear 'bout growin' old
The longest night you ever spent - the angriest letter you never sent
The boy you swore you'd never leave - the one you kissed on new years's eve
The sweetest dream you had last night -- your darkest hour, your hardest fight

I wanna know you - like I know myself
I'm waitin' for you - there ain't no one else
Talk to me baby - scream and shout
I want to know you - inside out
I wanna dig down deep - I wanna lose some sleep
I wanna scream and shout - I wanna know you inside out
I wanna take my time - I wanna know your mind
Ya know there ain't no doubt - I wanna know you inside out

The saddest song you ever heard - the most you said with just one word
The loneliest prayer you ever prayed - the truest vow you ever made
What makes you laugh, what makes you cry
What makes you mad, what gets you by
Your highest high, your lowest low - these things I want to know
http://www.lyricsstyle.com/b/bryanadams/insideout.html

All that to say: it's gold! I don't know why women all across the nation aren't saying to their significant others, "Why can you be more like Bryan Adams!" However, I am not speaking for all his songs, because maybe some of them aren't tasteful, but I like to think of those songs in the context of marriage. So yes, those are my thoughts on him. I think that all dogs are pretty much the same they just look different, because Fudge acts just like Shiloh. Sunday was relaxing, Josh and I watched iRobot. It would be so wonderful to have one of these household robots to do your chores for you and to cook for you-well, one of the normal ones, because if they have the red light on their chest, they try to take over the world, and no one likes that. In closing, I have a cough so my throat is getting scratchy and the "chain-smoker woman" voice is back. I do not want to lose my voice. Please pray that I am healthy for my lifeguarding exam.

Till next time, this is the Big Jesser, over and out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In defense of the robots with the red light, they couldn't help themselves. They were being controlled by the evil super computer. Once the super computer was killed off, they were fine :D.

Anonymous said...

Chain smoker woman voice... Now, I bet that's really attractive! Maybe you should use that voice when you say to your future husband: "Why can't you be more like Bryan Adams?!" hahaha Seriously, though, Bryan Adams rocks!!

Jess said...

You're right about that one Miriam...the red ones still give me the creeps though :). I want the main, nice one to be my robot. Every time I see you at Dal (or anyone else I know) he'll pull out a cookie for you from his stomach. Built in ovens are a must on the go.

Lol, maybe I will make that my "sweet and convincing" voice...better yet it can be my sexy voice ;). I'm actually pretty much better now, and the worst of it was on my day off (there is something to be said about a cold/cough that is flexable to accomodate your schedule)