Sunday, May 28, 2006

SPF: Sackville

Summer. Lifeguarding. Kinsmen Beach. 9 $/hr.
You may have noticed that I didn't say "Beach Captaining". I was disappointed when they first called, but I bounced back remarkably quick and I don't mind being a lifeguard again. However, this will all change if my Beach Captain isn't a more experienced PR person/beach lifeguard than me. Then every time I look at him or her I will think of how I should be them and they should be me :). I am already brainstorming some ideas to make it a fun summer at the beach. All I've got so far is keeping a "cute day camp counsellor" count, keeping a duck count (because we see more almost everyday...I think that there is some unnatural reproduction happening, or cloning or something), and making bets on when the beach will close. At another beach I worked at as a replacement, they recorded a "cute dad" count and a "he'll be hot when he is older" count. Any more suggestions are welcome. Yes, that is my job. It is outside, and plus, I know the area and the families that are regulars. This summer will be good.

No comments: