Sunday, May 14, 2006

SUNday

Today is Mother's Day. I would wish my mom a Happy Mother's Day on here, however, I don't even think she knows that I have a blog...I think I'll mention it to her sometime soon. At church we all got little boutonnieres to commemorate our mothers. The older lady who pinned mine was very sweet. The pinning was quite a process, as there is a method for pinning a flower, but I now feel like I could pin one on someone without making a hole in them or the flower. Next year I'm going to ask if they can make mine into a corsage ;). Josh and I made a lovely and delicious lunch (complete with a homemade card) for mom and we ate on the back deck. Then we got some ice cream. I support places that give you too much ice cream to eat in one sitting when you order a small. Let it be known: Averys is where it's at.

I dared Josh to go swimming today, but he chickened out, so we played water balloon catch instead. You know, the game where you start close together, but each time someone catches the ball, you take a step back? That one. So I threw this one balloon up really high and Josh looked up with hopeful eyes and reached his hands for it, and the second it touched him it splashed ALL over him. It was really funny. I think you had to be there to know just how hilarious I thought it was. After we ran out of balloons, we had a big water fight. Weapon of choice: buckets. Buckets are always better than water guns, I think, unless the guns are super high powered or have multiple spray nozzles. Mr. Louis (our landlord) and his girlfriend pulled in the driveway, right as I drenched Josh with a bucket full and then in the next moment used my bucket as a shield to block Joshes water. All Mr. Louis said, "Wow, she's good!" Haha, yes I am. After we finally truced, Josh shampooed and conditioned his hair in the yard with the hose and then I washed the car alone because Josh suddenly "had" to work on his project right then. Funny how that happens.

One thing I need to do this week is plant my garden. This will be the year of the carrot. And of the sunflower.

No comments: