Sunday, June 04, 2006

I'm Singin' in the Rain!

This next week is going to be BUSY. It's close to the end of the session at the pool and that means a truck load of report cards must be written...fighting the temptation to pass everyone and cut my work in half ;). Two weeks left!! Beach captain training is on the weekend. I am going to have to invest in a wetsuit because we are going to be spending time in a lake. Lots of chilly, chilly time in a freezing lake. I might as well let the hospital know now that I will be arriving with a case of hypothermia on Saturday evening. However, this training and the beach captain meetings are going to be parties because lots of people I know from the pool (4 of us in total) are captains at different beaches! So that's sweet. I realized another purpose for lifeguards recently, and that is to be the person who throws balls that have bounced out of the pool back to people in the pool. I was asked to do that at least 3 times on my last lifeguarding shift. Also, let it be known that there is a correlation between attendance and completing a swimming level-understand it, apply it :P.

The Break Up was a good movie with a formidable ending. Amarea and I were victorious in our search for attractive plastic binware. Have an awesome summer at camp, Amarea!!
My little sprouting plants (peas, beans, sunflowers so far) aren't on speaking terms with Mother Nature because of all this rain.
In the span of my life, I haven't had many dreams that I wished were real, but I've had 2 in the last month or so. I've never had a recurring dream before though...usually those ones seem to be the bad ones. Maybe even if a good dream was recurring you might get so sick of it that it would be a "bad" dream, too much of a good thing, you know? Deep. Anyways, I won't go into detail about either one, but in them I was very pretty and they included other pretty people. Haha, and the so-called depth just ended in that last sentence ;).
If you are ever looking for a fun way to do sit-ups or crunches, here's an original idea: pick a song and do sit-ups for the whole song. Then you can increase it to 2 songs after awhile, and so on. This way you don't have to count each individual sit up. I for one, can not excercise without music, it just doesn't happen. However, I have given up on my goal to have a six pack. Another fun thing to do is go for a run in the pouring rain. It's lovely. I wear layers so I can still bring my walkman...that's probably a dangerous thing to do when it is wet out though. I might have to hum to myself next time I run in the rain.
Thats all for today, stick a fork in me, I'm done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you don't need to build a six-pack, just draw one on with permanent black marker - its what I do. It makes the men go WILD.



side note: that last line was said in an indian accent

Jess said...

Lol, that's an excellent idea!! I wonder what else I can draw on...

Anonymous said...

facial hair is always a good option - also makes the men go WILD