Friday, June 23, 2006

Training Day One (5pm-9pm):

Positive experience. An 8.5/10 as far as work goes. Our Sackville carpool going in and back was a good time. The station that I co-led was pretty decent. We did Secondary Assessment/Vitals. It totally got better (as in it became smooth) as the groups came along, by the last two groups we were excellent :). It's nice to finally be the one to lead training camp. Whenever I teach people anything, I never make them feel stupid if they have questions. I hate it when teachers do that. I met the girls I'm working with, and both girls seem fun. There was actually a change last minute so someone who was supposed to work with us isn't anymore. I was super stoaked to find out that one of my friends that I worked with my first few summers is working beaches again this year (she didn't last year)! It was so great to catch up and hang out during training.

After work, I caught the last 10 minutes of the HCA graduation. Grace Chapel was a sauna! It was really nice to see some people that I haven't seen in awhile. I haven't hugged that much in awhile. I do wish I saw all of it, my little Joshie graduating into high school. In retrospect, I should have blown off work to be a supportive sister, but ah well. He didn't really care either way. As long as I'm there for the grade 12 graduation. Graduations are fun, I like the feeling of graduations...like the mix of nostalgia and moving on to new experiences.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When did Grace Chapel not feel like a sauna on graduation night lol :P. I remember how it would usually be cool outside and yet I would try finding dresses that were decent and allowed lots of ventilation knowing that it would be steaming in there :).
I like how you translated your blog's name to French. C'est très chic :D. Est-ce qu'il y a eu une raison pour le change ou tu as juste voulu le changer? ok, I'll admit, my French isn't exactly where I would like it to be and might have made a couple of errors.

Jess said...

You see, I know it's always like a sauna...however the difference this year is I walked into the sauna at the end of graduation so it was more of a heat shock than when I went to HCA, and we all got there early when the sanctuary was still cool and then helped make the sauna as the evening progressed. It was a gradual heat increase back in the day. You know ;)?

Yeah, I was just in the mood for change. I might see how to translate it in Spanish or German next :). You French sounds perfect to me, I wouldn't know if you made a mistake or not ;).

Anonymous said...

You have a point there about the sudden sauna instead of the gradual sauna :).