
I was feeling keen after my first day of training, so I was going to blog after each day, but that didn't last long. On our last day practicing at the beach, Breakfast Television came down to film us. I saw myself on it today at 8am. However, this really isn't a big feat, because it seems like everyone has been on BT before. It's like one of those "you know you live in..." things. You know you live in Nova Scotia if you have been on Breakfast television at least once in your life. The final three days were spent getting updated on stuff like the crazy new Red Cross CPR standards- for example, canning the whole idea of rescue breathing and going to chest compressions when someone isn't breathing without a pulse check (I like them now though). We were the first group in Canada to learn them. I felt special, I have to admit it ;). We also practiced techniques at the beach; and I taught one more station on that last day. Beaches open on Saturday, so I am relaxing this week. I was so TIRED after all of the training. We got our uniforms and I have a new favourite piece of clothing, and that would be my rash guard. It's like one of those spandex turtleneckish things that surfers wear. They keep you a little warmer. However, I really only got one cause they look cool. Overall, training was an 8.9/1o.
This week is going to be fun: lots of time with friends, a boat cruise (around our lovely harbour and surrounding areas ;) ), with dinner and a movie thrown in there somewhere. And Tristan comes home. Welcome home buddy! :)
5 comments:
does a rash guard really guard against rashes? cuz you'll definitely need that at Kinsmen this summer
-megs
Lol, there is a difference between swimmer's itch and a rash :P. It protects your arms and stuff from getting banged up on a surf board...I think. So I don't know why they call it a rash guard.
A boat cruise?? Cool! Is it with the HRM guards?
Yeah, HRM, NSLS, the pools, and friends! I'm taking Morgan with me :). I just don't know what to wear. I tried on like all my clothes 2nite and I ended up hating everything I own...
wear your rash guard and wetsuit. I'd think that would be the obvious choice for lifeguard soiree attire
Post a Comment