I don't have a favourite movie. When I was growing up it was all about Cinderella and then Grease. Now, it's just movies I like. Same with songs and bands. Actually, I really can't see myself getting sick of Hips Don't Lie by Shakira or Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper. So, even though I don't solidly favour a movie, there are some that I wholeheartedly didn't like :).
Movies that weren't near as good as I expected:
1. A Street Car Named Desire
2. Napoleon Dynamite
3. The Lakehouse
I realize that some people probably love these movies, but a dangerous mix of previews and friends raving about movies sometimes hypes certain movies up so much in my mind that they can't measure up to how good I think they'll be. Another explanation to why I didn't think that these movies were good could also be just because I didn't like them regardless of external influence.
Ah well, you win some you lose some...the grass is always greener on the other side...the early bird gets the worm...a penny gained is a penny earned...pain is beauty...ok, that's enough ;).
4 comments:
I am shocked. _Streetcar_ tops your list?!?! I am shocked. I suppose that is my fault though - I did build it up quite a bit
It wasn't just you, though. The world at large built it up since it is such a classic. I blame the Academy ;).
I personally fell asleep during the rather long and drawn out scene between Blanche and Mitch. The only thing that woke me up was Jessie asking if the beau had killed himself. That question was more interesting than the scene itself. And that's what *I* thought of A Streetcar Named Desire....no, I didn't think it was *that* bad, but definitely not as good as the world's population has made it out to be. Now, a true classic that is actually good: The Sound of Music! Watch it, like it, memorize it...... I have personally accomplished all of these (I really have memorized a freakish amount of the movie, once i get going).
Morgan
The only movie I watched out of the 3 was Napoleon Dynamite and I hated the movie.
Post a Comment