Ever get in a mood to exercise and you know that you'll go for a really long swim or a really long run (or whatever you do) just because you really feel like it? Well. That was me this morning. I began my swim in the rain and it was going really well and I was energized and enjoying myself. After I swam across the lake and back once, something stopped me. An animal was swimming near to me in the water. A loon. A large loon that was like 3 times the size of a duck with a really long and pointy beak. It wasn't right next to me, but it was really close. There were a few reasons that the loon made me uneasy. First of all, I don't know what kind of a temperament loons have. What if it felt threatened by my splashing and got hostile? Also, they disappear and swim under the water for so long it could pop up right in front of me, or under me, even! Therefore, I swam as fast as I could back to the dock and waited for the loon to paddle away. It didn't. Rather, it loitered in the middle of the lake in the exact spot that I was going to swim across. I did some sit-ups on my dock in spite of the loon, and then went inside.
Tomorrow: I'm going on a loon hunt. Just kidding, I wouldn't actually hurt it. It must be illegal to do stuff like that. I wonder what would happen if the authorities found out that someone killed a loon on purpose. The fine couldn't be that much...
No comments:
Post a Comment