
I have to say, I love it when womanly woes work out perfectly with your schedule. As in, you couldn't have planned it better. My body and my work schedule are two peas in a pod.
My mom commented about how women spend soooo much more time on their appearance then men do in the morning. I'd say like triple, or even quadruple the time. A thought me and Morgan discussed was perhaps women dress for women more then for men. I mean, of course we want to look good for guys, but who really notices how we look more?? From what I gather, the average man will notice if you look hot in your clothes and maybe they'll like a colour that you are wearing. They may think, "Hmm, her make-up looks...nice today", but they won't really know why it looks nice. However, it's women who will think, "I think she forgot to straighten that little bunch of hair in the back of her head" or "I wonder if she used liquid eye liner to do that" or "who wears brown and black together?" Maybe I'm just not giving guys enough credit when it comes to aesthetic details... :)
Just to clarify, I am more on the side that says that "black can go with anything" as opposed to that which says "brown and black are clashing colours". Sometimes I feel that I can make things work even when others think it can't... this may not always be the case, but I like to think it is.
13 comments:
it all depends on the cut Jessie. The CUT. Anything can go together if it's done right...well...almost anything...
I agree. Women dress for other women. and also for ourselves. because when we look good, we feel good, and therefore we are more confident and productive.
Yeah good point! We dress for ourselves too.
I still don't understand that "cut" thing...what kind of cut is good and what kind is bad??
It depends on your body type. Like, someone with not much to speak of for hips would be okay to wear a straight or (dare I say it) TAPERED leg. But someone with big old birthing hips SHOULD NOT wear straight legs and should be PROSECUTED for wearing a tapered leg. This is because it will make one's body look like an ice cream cone.
-Morgan
exactly! a good cut also depends on the effect the piece of clothing is trying to achieve. Like a lot of clothing from certain stores (which I will not name here) try to achieve an effect like slimming or lenthening, but don't because the clothing isn't cut right)
I understand the basic cut principles, girls ;). I was wondering how "cut" related to black and brown being together.
Jessie!!! black and brown only go together if the cut\style of the articles of clothing in question are appropriate!
I feel like I'm writing to a brick wall. :P
jk
lova!
...oh, btw..."lova" is my new way of writing "love ya"...hahaha..ahem
I know you said the cut...I just wanted to know what kind of cut would look good and what kind of cut wouldn't. Nevermind :P.
My conclusion is: I'm going to just wear brown and black because I think it looks just fine :).
Lovie!
oh!! here's another thing I haven't thought of - what shade of brown? and what materials are the articles of clothing are made of? These are also very important factors in outfit - making
lova!
Lol, it doesn't matter...we aren't talking about it anymore :P.
Ha ha, I must say that this was quite entertaining to read. I won't bother trying to make any fashion pointers as I have none. I'll just say that I agree with the main point being given; we fuss over how we look mainly for other women and ourselves (but decide to blame it on the boys ;) ).
now I understand why I like tapered leg pants, hk style! ;)
Post a Comment