Really good
sermon today. There was a couple visiting from Ireland and they told us about their lives. It sounded so awesome, all the wonderful things that God has been doing with them and their ministry, and some crazy persecution they've had (being sabotaged, stoned, etc.). The first thing that I took from it was the importance of sharing your faith with others. It's our responsiblity, but God will give us his spirit to do it. Also keeping our hearts right before God by confessing sin and obeying him so he can use us to the fullest. The husband was such an awesome example of trusting God even when he's had extreme loss in his life. It's tempting to, at least momentarily, lose your faith in God's goodness when traumatic things happen to you which are out of your control and unfair. His wife spoke about looking for love from people and how God can only be the one that fulfills your deepest need for love and validation. It's important to have that mindset before you "inflict" yourself on another person in a romantic relationship :).
They were so cute together. She is taller than him, and this is the first couple where I didn't mind that she was taller than him. Perhaps when they are an older couple, height doesn't matter as much. They were past 50 when they got married. My favourite quote (which I enjoyed more than other people) was when he was talking about how the Lord provided buildings for their seminary ministry. God would always give them buildings and one that he wanted was an old bar. He said something like, "And then I just prayed, Oh Lord, the PUB would be wonderful. Please give me the PUB! I would really like the PUB!" Perhaps you had to be there. I enjoyed it. I think I snorted slightly while I was giggling. A couple people looked back at us.

Couldn't help it. It was what came up when I Google imaged "pub sign". This is just to add a visual to the pub quote ;).
No comments:
Post a Comment