Saturday, September 23, 2006

Changes

I'm liking September because there is only reading really, no big assignments. That's how life should be. Always. I am very glad to be back at school. It's so good to see everyone again, and even to learn things. I like learning things. My Shakespeare class has been particularly good so far. We watch movies in like every other class! I fear I am getting used to this ;). World History is good too, very interesting! I'm a discipleship group co-leader at Campus for Christ, so that's going to be a new experience, but it'll be exciting. So school is good.

I got the job at Marks Work Wearhouse that I interviewed for! I start training on October 3rd :). So that's really sweet. It's part-time and seasonal right now, but it could turn into a long term thing after January. The people seem to be all around my age. Each time I've been in, the male employees have been scarce. So work will be a bunch of girl-power-hours and I can get behind that.

I've officially changed churches. I'm going to a local Baptist church in Fall River now. I had been praying about this for awhile, and I feel that God wants me to serve here with the worship team and the Sunday school program. I'm excited, but also kinda sad to leave everyone at Birch Cove. Feeling bittersweet about it all, I suppose.

I've begun a new experiment with myself as the test subject. I've only put Christian music on my mp3 player. It was really hard to say goodbye for now to Mariah, Kanye (guilty pleasure), the Rejects, Coldplay, and so on. However, I would like to see if this exercise will make me feel more encouraged, stronger in my faith, and generally more spiritually minded. I'm going to try it for a bit and see what happens. I need to look up how long it takes for something to be a habit. Maybe I'll try it for that long. Let me be very clear that I think it is perfectly fine for Christians to listen to secular music. I'll stop before I begin to rant ;).

That's my life in a nutshell.

Resisting the temptation to count the number of "I"s in this entry...next one will have less, promise. Speaking of temptation, yesterday I resisted the temptation to cover Shiloh's poop with some leaves from a leaf pile on the side of the road instead of picking it up in a bag.

No comments: