Well, I just got back from our church family camp...that I went on minus my family ;). It's the only way to really go to family camp. Lol, just kidding. It was such a good time though! Even better than last year! We had some car trouble on Friday afternoon, so I ended up only going to Malagash EARLY on Saturday morning. I slept most of the way there. Everyone in the car called me cranky...but I'm sure they were just kidding. I'm never cranky.
I got there 10 minutes before my first preschool session started. There were only 2 preschool age kids and they were angels all weekend. No tears and no attitude! I kid you not. A dream. We had so much fun together doing our scavenger hunts, making music makers, playing games, reading Bible stories, praying. I taught them all about how God made everything, how to praise God, and we talked about Jesus the last day. I just realized how much fun it is to talk to kids about God. Like I've done it before, of course, but just to look around the camp and pick out all the things that God has made and talk about how cool God is. So fun!
Some more campy highlights were the yummy food, spending good ol' quality time with everyone (it was so much better cause I knew people a lot better this time), silly bonfire songs, giggly star gazing- with "just for us" shooting stars (it was my fav star gazing time ever, if you Polly's goers can believe that one), picking up sea glass on the beach, playing with the kids, our worship times, and talent nite. The "Spoonful of Sugar" song was a success! We all dressed up (I was Mary) and there were 7-8 kids who did the actions. Ah, I wish the weekend could last longer!
3 comments:
you totally remind me of Mary Poppins. In fact, in grade 8, when you first stepped into our classroom, I could have sworn I heard the strains of "A Spoonful of Sugar" follow you in.
I heard it too! Really Jessie, if they did a remake of Mary Poppins, you'd be first choice! Well, a cranky version of Mary Poppins. Just kidding :P.
Thanks guys, I like to think that I am perfect in every way and rather magical ;) jk.
Post a Comment