The Edge retreat. Warm day/warm cabin, cold day/find a new place to sleep. Dressing up boys and fish kissing. Extreme wagon stunts. Shooting some girly hoops. Realizing how much girls just love cute things and how much guys groan when we do. Walking into the cabin to Deborah giving the ladies tips on the "necessities of life" ;).
There was a lot of stuff that I had to let go to God and some faith barriers to work on overcoming. Whenever I go away to something like this, God always seems so much closer than when I'm at home where get distracted so easily. I suppose that's the point of a retreat, but I am going to try to "retreat" daily, here at home. I really liked watching the video clips on the missions projects and the winter conference...still in deciding mode on both fronts.
My first day of work at Mark's was positive. I got the hang of the cash pretty quickly. A couple times, I had this sinking feeling that I did something wrong after a customer left, because sometimes I was alone at cash ringing people in without any other staff there. I know I made some little mistakes, but I think that they are all present and accounted for. The next step is getting to know the product more. At one point, this guy asked me about how to protect his boots and what to spray on. So we went on an extended hunt for boot protector. It was ok though. I saw a guy that I worked with at my old job today, and I got such a nice feeling from knowing that I had moved on and am doing something different. I can embrace chance. Change is good. Maybe it's time to go platinum blond ;).
7 comments:
I TOTALLY vote on platinum blonde! Speaking of hair dying... I have some red temporary dye... I wonder when I should put that in?
Hmm, maybe for Thanksgiving weekend? You can be the cranberry sauce.
:)
I NEED to be there when you put your dye in, Amarea. I simply MUST be there. If I'm not going to dye my own hair, I'm going to live vicariously through others. Furthermore, where is your magazine cover photot??? Send please!
-Morgan
tips on the "necessities of life"? I can't even remember. shoot. so much for necessities.
Yeah ...was I there for the "necessities of life"? I don't remember hearing of it ...wish I was there! Oh well ... another day and another time I might make it for the "necessities of life" with Deb ... and what a day that will be! Have a rockin' thanksgiving Jessie!
Lol, ok! To clarify: "the necessities of life" = sexual education a la Deborah. It was in the staff cabin when we were getting ready for bed :). I don't think you were there, Marianna. Next time!
We totally need a streaking party!
Post a Comment