I just got a new sweater to wear at work (not from my store). It was a great price and it's pretty. You are supposed to hand wash it. I didn't (because I thought I could get away with it), and now there are tons of fuzzies on it. Not the type of fuzzies that come off really easily with a lint brush. The kind that are made of the fabric, so you have to pull them off. This problem led me to these thoughts:
Why would you EVER sell something that people want to wash-and-wear as "hand wash only"?! No one wants to hand wash their clothes! People only take care in washing fancy things and then take them to the dry cleaners. Clothes don't even smell as clean when you hand wash them. Do you want your customers to hate you? I think you do! Maybe you should sell wooden hand washing boards with all your clothes.
In short, now I have to look at the tag inside before I buy something and consider carefully.
4 comments:
Yeah, total pain in the neck, but I actually prefer handwash than dry cleaning. Dry cleaning costs who knows how much ($15-$20 in the States though I guess it's cheaper here) and you have to make sure that you take it to the dry cleaners before they close and then later pick it up. All in all, I'd rather handwash any day than have to deal with something that I have to dry clean
I know how much that sucks...I am the worst at following washing instructions! It's a little funny because at work I preach on it the whole time I am there, and then ignore it when I do my own laundry and put everything in the machine together!
Haha, I even put whites in with colours ;). It worked just fine today.
I hate girls clothes. Seriously, boys have it so FREAKING easy. Just chuck in the washer and go. If I had the money, I would be a HUGE fan of drycleaning. Just drop all of your clothes, delicate and otherwise, off at the drycleaners, and get them back at the end of the day. And you mind will be at ease knowing that if anything goes wrong, you can just sue the pants off your drycleaner :P
-megs
Post a Comment