Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

This year, I am thankful for a lot of things in my life. I'm thankful for all the good things that have happened this year. I'm really thankful to God for all those things. I'm not really thankful for the bad things that have happened this year, but some of them I am thankful for, because they turned out to be good things or good things came of them because "in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" (Rom. 8:28). This leads me to wonder if I'll ever be thankful for the bad things while they are bad because I know that God will find someway to turn them good. Perhaps that's an ideal mindset to have.

2 comments:

amarea said...

I thought that verse was in Romans 8:28...

Jess said...

Yes, you would be right about that :). When I wrote the entry, I searched "good" on biblegateway.com because I couldn't think of the reference, so I must have put in another "good" verse reference instead. Thanks!