A guy I know confessed to having a "man crush" tonite. I had never heard of this idea before, and I found it very funny. In light of this, I decided to look it up. Here is some new-fangled slang. Learn it, use it, love it.
Man Crush (noun)
1. When a straight man has a "crush" on another man, not sexual but kind of idolizing him.
ex. Many straight men end up having man crushes on Johnny Depp (I don't blame them).
ex. Dude, Brad Pitt is phenomenal. I think I have a man crush.
2. A platonic love that one man has for another man. Usually characterized by good-natured competitiveness or the ability to hold very different views yet still behave as close friends through mutual respect.
ex. Dave thinks Frank is the best thing since sliced bread. He has a man crush.
If you are a female...there is a version of this for you! It is NOT a "woman crush".
Ovaryspect (noun)
When a straight woman has a "crush" on another woman, not sexual but kind of idolizing her.
ex. My girlfriend has much ovaryspect for Angelina Jolie for all her humanitarian work.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=man+crush
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ovaryspect
5 comments:
ovaryspect? that sounds just as gross as demasculated.
you've never heard of a man crush? not many men admit to it, you really need to be comfortable in your masculinity.
see, i just always called it a girl crush. i have those all the time ;)
I always thought you had a crush on me!
hey baby, how *you* doin?
I love it!
Can it be "I'd date you if you I were a guy" type thing?
Post a Comment