Megha thought to herself: "Why he has to have music with him ALL the time is completely beyond me! Not only that, it seems odd that someone who was entirely tone deaf, as Raj is, should gravitate towards music at all."
At the same time, Jessie reflected: "What is their problem?!? Did I miss an expiry date? Do I look fat? Is there anything in my teeth? Is my hair frizzing in this humidity? I wonder if Logan and Raj thought that our cat fight earlier was hot."
All the while Logan was thinking: "If I ever get out of here, I am slathering myself with tanning oil and baking in the sun for a week straight. Actually make that a week and a half."
Raj was also deep in thought: "So I guess the only word that rhymes with jazz is spazz..."
Everyone's thoughts were inturrupted when the potion type was revealed- so not love juice. It so happens that the love potion vial lookes remarkably like the hot chicks vial, of which the digesters transform temporarily into little baby chicks, that is, after getting nasty heartburn. One by one, the rest of the villains turned into soft bundles of yellow fuzz. Megha, Jessie, Raj, and Logan felt that the chickens were fine by themselves in the big cabin and left the premise through the mauve door (after peeking in the gold door, they found it led to Hood's Jennifer Lopez shrine), locking the door behind them. They made their way down the driveway and Megha said something cute about this all being evidence that Jessie was poultry in another life while she dialed Interpol. Everyone was so relieved that Hood and his extended accomplises were finally captured and he would never take policing the world's fashion choices into his own hands again, and it was all because of them. Hood definitely had the cheek bones to pull off the black and white pin strip suit he would soon grow very accustomed to wearing.
For some reason, Interpol's phone line was down. "That's odd", Megha thought.
"Sweetie, did you press the send button with the green light on it?" Raj asked in his soft low 'girlfriend' voice.
"Um, yes I did, dearest" Megha replied.
"Let me try on my phone" Logan interjected, as if his cell was more familliar with connecting calls than hers was. "Well, that is weird" Logan decided after it didn't work for him either.
Suddenly a loud whirring noise was heard overhead. It was an Interpol chopper coming to take them to debrief their successful mission in Hawaii. As the four climbed up the rope ladder they could see the lights of more and more Interpol Choppers surrounding the building.
Megha smiled as she looked out the window. She was very ready for some rest and relaxation. Jessie was already asleep on Logan's shoulder. Megha wondered what their trip down south would be like.
Then she heard Logan whisper to Raj, "Your hair is doing something nasty, man!"
Megha didn't mind Raj's cowlick...she thought it was endearing.
"At least my hairline isn't retreating from battle!" Raj shot back.
Then she knew. Her and Jessie would find some way to ensure that Raj and Logan became best buddies over the trip. They also had a wedding to finish planning.

The End
14 comments:
Wow. I feel....let down. I'm sorry, but that ending seems sort of....anti-climatic. After all the've been through together, to just have it END, you know? Especially with Raj and Logan becomming buddies. They are always gonna have tension between them. Finally a proper use of "debrief", though ;). And I believe the title of this chapter should be referring to Cocomo, not Hawaii. It's a disappointing ending to what could have been the best short story of all time. And there's nothing wrong with cowlicks! I happen to have had one in my childhood days. My apologies for such a scathing review.
what did you think would happen in the end?
I was kinda imagining the start of a new case comming to light, so we have an idea that the two heroins continue with their crime-busting activities. You know, kinda like the Hardy Boys ;).
...or Nancy Drew...or Veronica Mars...
it's an open ending. who knows what will happen after our little vacation and the wedding
Thank you Jessie for finally using "debriefing" properly... the end was not as imiganitive as mine but it works... Thanks for the great story, it really made the week for me, Shakespeare would be proud. If you do it again sometime let me know, I am game for getting in on the creative writing action.
Wait in line, Pete! :p This was definitely an awesome idea, guys. Maybe the idea will spread...
spread...like smooth peanut butter..or herpes...
huuummmmm....herpes.....oh wait! I mean.....huuuummmmmm...smooth peanut butter......
Megha!! No more talk of herpes on my blog please :P.
You are very welcome, Peter! I liked reading your comments.
Oh and Trent dearest, you would have to prove yourself to be more than a literary critic before you could be part of our future endeavours in creative writing action ;).
:o I am shocked! Has all of high school left your mind? Do you forget Enriched English with "Anne"? All of my "redo" papers? Creative writing is my thing! It's the only kind of writing I CAN do!
Love the condescending "Dearest" :p.
I wasn't in English enriched. Thank you for noticing :P
English enriched was an amazing time :d man, oh man. I miss those classes. The look on Mrs. Sangster's face. Priceless. For everything else there's master card.
Yeah... me and Jessie were in Smart English... with granola bar parties... and Mr. Michels. WAY BETTER!
and SMRT French! oh man. Those were the days.
Sarah flips shoe in the air. Ray - "DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!!"
heehee. Man. Good times.
Post a Comment