I was called "toots" for the first time today by a waiter. So was Deborah. It's better than "ma'am", I suppose. We weren't quite sure what to make of that.
Toots (n.) (slang)
-an affectionate or familiar term of address; honey; sweetie; baby (sometimes offensive or considered derogatory when used to strangers, casual acquaintances, subordinates, etc., especially by a male to a female).
-comes from the candy Tootsie Roll.
I'm pretty much super offended ;). I wonder what it means if you call a guy "toots"...maybe I'll try it and see what happens.
3 comments:
when i first looked at your title, I read "toots"(as in "Beans, Beans..."). And I thought, "wow, Jessie's getting really personal with her blog".
but the entry isn't about passing gas.
I guess that comes from being butch, huh?
ha ha haa... megha's comment is great.
yeah, I just looked it up in urban dictionary and it too gave me a similar definition. however, there was another website about profanities that drew parallels between "toots" and "tits" and I was offended with that one.
Hmmm, yeah he probably shouldn't be calling people that...
Post a Comment