I saw this on Amarea's and Megha's blogs and I think it's a fun idea. These are the first lines of 40 songs on my playlist or on playlists gone by. Everyone is welcome to try guessing the songs and the artists. No search engines allowed! I'll highlite ones that are right in a special colour. Enjoy!
1. Hot summer streets and the pavements are burning...(Cruel Summer - Ace of Base)
2. Nobody wanna see us together... (Don't Matter - Akon)
3. Oh, when you walk by every night...(Mariah Carey - Fantasy)
4. You're not alone, together we stand...(Keep Holding On- Avril Lavigne)
5. What started as a whisper, slowly turned to a scream...(Amen Omen- Ben Harper)
6. Under twenty thousand tons of brick and stone, she carries all the weight of her own world...(Brave Saint Saturn - Resistor)
7. You tell me you're in love with me...(Sometimes-Britney Spears)
8. She was driving last Friday...(Jesus Take the Wheel - Carrie Underwood)
9. As I rest against this cold, hard wall, will you pass me by? (Strong Enough-Stacie Orrico)
10. Your subtleties, they strangle me... (It Ends Tonight - The All-American Rejects)
11. Lying in my bed, hear the clock tick, and think of you...(Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper)
12. Oh no go get your guns, we'll all fight like cowboys and pray like nuns...(Stabilo - Don't Look In Their Eyes)
13. Separated, I cut myself clean...(Jesus Freak - DcTalk)
14. Where are we? (Hide and Seek - Imogen Heap)
15. In a field of yellow flowers, underneath the sun...(Five Iron Frenzy - Dandelions)
16. I saw you in the hallway...(FM Static - Hold Me Twice)
17. I'll sing it one last time for you, then we really have to go...(Run- Snow Patrol)
18. Story of my life, searching for the right...(Unfaithful- Rhianna)
19. You said to the world, the lost will be found...(Take It All-Hillsong United)
20. Ladies up in here tonight...(Hips Don't Lie - Shakira)
21. I walked across an empty land, I knew the pathway like the back of my hand...(Somewhere Only We Know- Keane)
22. He drowns in his dreams, an exquisite extreme...(Beautiful Disaster- Kelly Clarkson)
23. What day is it, and in what month...(You and Me- Lifehouse)
24. Is it getting better? (One - U2)
25. Tonight, I'm gonna have myself a real good time...(Don't Stop Me Now - Queen)
26. Rising up, back on the street...(Eye of the Tiger-Survivor)
27. I wanted you to know, I love the way you laugh...(Broken - Seether feat. Amy Lee)
28. My yesterdays are all boxed up, and neatly put away...(Always On Your Side-Sheryl Crow and Sting)
29. Tell you where you need to go, tell you who you need to be...(On Fire - Switchfoot)
30. Seems like yesterday we used to rock the show, I laced the track, you locked the flow...(I'll Be Missing You-Puff Daddy feat. Faith Evans)
31. Making my way downtown...(Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles)
32. What you want, baby I got it...(Respect - Arethra Franklin)
33. I walk to the edge again, searching for the truth...(12 Stones - Stay)
34. A slap in the face, and I can't erase the things that you say...(Billy Talent - Sympathy)
35. Seems like it was yesterday, when I saw your face...(Hurt - Christina Aguilara)
36. Tiredness fuels empty thoughts, I find myself disposed...(Eskimo-Damien Rice)
37. Hope dangles on a string...(Vindicated - Dashboard Confessional)
38. Now that you're out of my life, I'm so much better...(Survivor - Destiny's Child)
39. The strands in your eyes, that colour them wonderful...(I'll Be - Edwin McCain)
40. I've waited, and given the chance again, I'd do it all the same...(Ashes - Embrace)
18 comments:
1. Cruel Summer - Ace of Base
2. With You - Akon
4. I'm With You - Avril Lavigne
10. It Ends Tonight - The All-American Rejects
11. Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper
20. Hips Don't Lie - Shakira
23. You and Me- Lifehouse
27. Broken - Seether feat. Amy Lee
35. Hurt - Christina Aguilara
37. Vindicated - Dashboard Confessional
38. Survivor - Destiny's Child
39. I'll Be - Edwin McCain
40. Ashes - Embrace
I am shocked to find Dashboard Confessional on your playlist - I didn't know you swung that way ;)
Yeah, maybe my songs were a little too easy!
Megs, you've got the wrong name for the Akon song. And #14 was for you, think about last weekend ;). As for Dashboard Confessional, I only have one of their songs because someone sent it to me :).
oh yes, HOW could I have missed my ABSOLUTE favourite song that I just can't seem to get enough of ;)
14. Hide and Seek - Imogen Heap
2. Don't Matter - Akon
(I'm guessing here...)
13. Jesus Freak - DcTalk
24. One - U2
32. Respect - Arethra Franklin
4 is not "I'm with you" by Avril - it's "Keep Holding On". Megha, I'm disappointed in you - I thought your knowledge of pop culture was infallible!
Now that I've come to leave a comment I forget the number, but one of the ones near the top is "Jesus Take the Wheel" by Carrie Underwood (the one about she was driving in her car...)
Miss H
Oops! I've gotten a little sloppy. Actually, I'm just biased towards Megha ;).
Deb, #3!!
5. amen omen- ben harper
17. run- snow patrol
18. unfaithful- rhianna
21. somewhere only we know- keane
7. Mariah Carey - Fantasy
12. Stabilo - Don't Look In Their Eyes
31. Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles
my knowledge of pop music is not as extensive as I had previously thought. but at least I got the right artist!! do I get points for that?
ooh, i can't believe I missed another one:
12. Don't Look In Their Eyes - Stabilo
(I really hope that's the right name, apparently I'm not doing too well in that arena... :P )
You meant Fantasy for # 3, right Amarea :)?
Sure, Megha, you get a couple points! I'll add some brownie points under your name in my book. My book where I keep track of everything ;)!
What is a brownie point anyway?
29. On Fire - Switchfoot
yeah, I should have known #3. I was just feeling overwhelmed by the list that I couldn't think straight.
OH OH OH!! I just figured out...
26. Eye of the Tiger - I dunno who the artist is. some would argue I should. ask Matt Rice.
Uh, yes, that's what I meant. :)
7 is Britney Spears... Ohhh what song! Sometimes?
6. Brave Saint Saturn - Resistor
15. Five Iron Frenzy - Dandelions
16. FM Static - Hold Me Twice
25. Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
33. 12 Stones - it's either Let Go or Stay.
34. Billy Talent - Sympathy
-JUSH
That's ok Deb :). And Eye of the Tiger is half right!
HINTS:
9 is by a Christian girl on her first CD.
19 is on a fairly recent worship CD from down under.
22 is a tricky one by a female American Idol.
30 is about the Notorious BIG.
36 is by someone mellow and it's about an amiable Inuit.
22. Beautiful Disaster - Kelly Clarkson
I knew those words sounded familiar.
is Miss H - Miss Hughes!? Hi Miss Hughes!
Post a Comment