Thursday, June 14, 2007

Mid-Week Reporto

1. Work
Saturday is my last day of swimming lessons! I won't be done at the pool, though. The next two weeks are shut-down. Which means that the pool is drained and I've signed up to help clean every single surface open to the air in and around the pool. I'm also working one nite a week in the summer. This session has been positive. I haven't wanted to cry once. Sometimes I even enjoy it. I had beach captain training last weekend. Chocolate lake was surprisingly bearable. Unfortunately, it tastes like something unnatural. Someone said it was iron, but I don't know. This year's training was especially good. It wasn't just because they fed us. My boss was very nice. She really believes in us. That makes me feel special. I love feeling special. I've got general training before June ends. It's a 4 day affair.

2. Tunes
I'm changing! Or going through a phase. I used to be a C100 and Z103.5 addict when it came to choosing a radio station. Now I find myself listening to Q104 and enjoying a punk mix on my mp3 player. What is happening to me? I blame it on my environment. All we listen to at the pool is Q104. I still enjoy my pop beats though. Put something peppy on and my hips won't lie.

3. Plants
My veggies are young adults! I'm so pleased with my garden in the front of the house. You never know when you plant the seeds. I've had extra cause to worry, besides my usual irrational doubt that none of my seeds will grow, because of our bird problem. Make that, the problem I have with the birds in my yard pecking around my garden. I was convinced that they were eating all my seeds. So every time I'd see those winged monsters in the garden, I'd run out of the house and chase them away. Thought of making a scare-bird (like a scare-crow but for all species of bird), but didn't. My potted seeds in the back of the house, on the other hand, are having a hard time. Half of the seeds didn't grow. That's okay. Some things take time. Better a late bloomer than a no bloomer. Good things happen to those who wait. Maybe they are angry because I put them in the backyard instead of the front. Maybe the birds got to them.

2 comments:

amarea said...

I'd be angry if you put me in the backyard instead of the front. :( Poor little seeds...

Jess said...

Haha! I'd never put you in the backyard, darling!!